Question based instruction, which is geared towards:
- Addressing high yield concepts through questions, while understanding and applying the concepts to the question
- Covering 30 UW questions daily
- Thorough question review, in which each student is given the opportunity to uncover and digest content
What sets this program apart?
- Medical schools refer students to this program
- NBME Shelf Subject Exam coupons provided for live classes only to the center, with performances reviewed every 15 days
- Highly competent and accomplished teachers provide a kind, caring, and nurturing environment
- The center is open from 9 AM to 10 PM, in which students can use the facility to read, practice, and dialogue with others. The facility has extensive functional features including; a cafeteria, a library and study hall, a computer lab, practice rooms for SP session, and classrooms.
- Materials given to prepare students for the following week in advance
- Rolling start dates
- You don’t need to begin at week 1. Complete the 6 week course based on order you enter
- Enrollment for the course happens every other Monday
Choose Your Package
5 hours per day
F (3pm-8pm) Sat, Sun (10am-5pm)
2-3 hour sessions
Flexible scheduling Over 2-4 weeks
Individualized structured program
$99 per hour
Prepare for USMLE Step 2 CKNYCSPREP provides you with a solid game plan to crack the exam with comprehensive learning solutions for your success.
Use high-yield resources that feature question banks and practice exams designed to simulate the real Step 2 CK exam in content and structure for the best practice.
Learn with our structured USMLE Step 2 CK study schedule and get acquainted with test-taking strategies with easy to follow study tips to master challenging topics.
Fully-Equipped Study Center
Experience an exceptional USMLE Step 2 CK prep at our brand new full-service center which is equipped with quiet study rooms and get support from our staff while working with your peers.
Receive guidance from mentors on how to organize your USMLE Step 2 CK study plan along with feedback throughout your course to make the most of your preparation efforts.
Get tutored by our experienced and highly motivated teachers who themselves have scored highly on their steps.
Medical School Affiliations
Know the value of our USMLE prep courses as several medical schools have put their trust in our methods by being affiliated to us.
About the Course
- Access to our facility from 9:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Study rooms available
- Testing area for self-practice
- Shelf exams at the test center that mimics the real test center environment
- Review of shelfs and questions after classes
- One-on-one tutoring if necessary
- Personalized study plans
- Follow-up and advice during your preparation
- Join our daily classes online
- Participate in class with other online and live students
- Get access to our tutors to resolve your questions or concerns
- Join us from anywhere
- Get advice from our tutors in your preparation
- Participate in our daily questions review
NYCSPREP Step 2 CK Workshop
USMLE Step 2 CK
What Our Students Say
Dr Somas and his team of tutors do a great job at guiding you. This course has given a big boost to my self confidence. I recommend this course to anyone who is having issues with their CK preparations.
– Tanya Chen
The Step 2 Clinical Knowledge (Step 2 CK) is a part of the USMLE Step 2 exam. It is similar to USMLE Step 1 as you need to demonstrate your knowledge that you were previously tested on with National Board of Medical Examiners (NBME) shelf exams. The exam is computer‐based and is in the form of multiple choice questions.
The Step 2 CK has a total number of 318 questions, divided into 8 blocks of 40 questions each.
Both exams, Step 1 and Step 2 CK, require you to apply your skills, read between the lines, and think quickly. However, Step 2 CK is a bit tricky because of the depth and unpredictability of questions involved.
You may need at least one month or more for USMLE Step 2 CK preparation. Some of the resources commonly used by students include, but are not limited to are:
- Study guides and resources used in preparation for NBME Subject Examinations
- NBME Self-Assessments and NBME Clinical Comprehensive Examination
- Comprehensive review book
- Pharm Cards may be helpful in preparing for questions
- Question banks
- You may want to consider enrolling in a prep course such as NYCSPREP
- Clinical Fellows can be an excellent source of knowledge and USMLE Step 2 CK preparation tips.
Step 2 CK allows you the flexibility to schedule your exam according to your convenience. This helps you to adjust your Step 2 CK study schedule and time accordingly. Most students feel the best time to take USMLE Step 2 CK is when the knowledge of clinical science they gain from rotations is fresh in their minds. However, according to the USMLE, most medical students take Step 2 CK in their fourth year.
You need to keep in mind that you have to pass the Step 2 CK exam before you graduate medical school because some programs need the scores to be in before the rank list deadline, that is in late February. If you believe in appearing for the exam early, you’ll want the scores in before the residency application deadline, that is in mid-September. So, the best time to take the Step 2 CK would be during the summer, followed by a year of core rotations, finished with a month of internal medicine.
Whenever you decide to take the exam, ensure that you have enough time for a retake if required.
If you are applying for USMLE Step 2 CK, you must select your eligibility period, which is a three-month period, during which you have to take the exam. You can choose the day in the eligibility period assigned to you, provided there is space available at your preferred test center. To familiarize with the eligibility periods for the exam, you need to visit the USMLE website.
Step 2 CK is a one-day examination consisting of eight blocks. Each block is allotted one hour to complete. It is a 9-hour testing session out of which one hour is the break time.
Step 2 CK requires the same type of preparation as Step 1. You need to take help of question banks and practice exams that simulate the real exam. The question bank is an efficient way to test your knowledge and it presents better learning opportunities. It helps you in analyzing your level of readiness. The best way to prepare for Step 2 CK is getting help from professional USMLE prep courses such as NYCSPREP.
NYCSPREP course for Step 2 CK includes content knowledge materials that are well-structured and well-explained.
The course also includes simulated exams that introduce and familiarize you with the USMLE style questions you will be asked in the real exam.
The benefits of enrolling in NYCSPREP Step 2 CK prep course are:
- You are better enabled to predict your test performance.
- You increase your chances of getting the specialty you desire.
Firstly, you need to decide how much USMLE Step 2 CK preparation time you are willing to devote in your USMLE step 2 CK preparation schedule. If you dream of achieving a high Step 2 CK score, you need to set aside more study time.
When it comes to USMLE Step 2 CK prep, do not underestimate the power of a question bank, or QBank for the simple fact that it simulates an actual exam and it gives proper answers to your practice questions.
The right test prep course, such as NYCSPREP ensures that you have all the information required and the confidence that comes from preparation to master the boards for Step 2 CK.
The minimum Step 2 CK passing score is 209. This was last changed in May 2018. It is recommended that you check the details of the announcement on the USMLE website.
Yes, you can. Step 1, Step 2 CK and CS are three independent exams and you can take these exams in any order you prefer. However, you need to keep in mind that you have to clear all these Steps before you attempt your Step 3.
Yes, you must take both parts of USMLE Step 2 (CK and CS) and pass the tests prior to graduation.
It takes around 3-4 weeks for the scores to come in; however, delays are possible. It is recommended to sign up for the ECFMG Reporter, the ECFMG E-Newsletter and also monitor their website to stay updated on the important information.
Here’s the list of topics covered in USMLE Step 2 CK exam:
- Cardiovascular Disorders
- Immunologic Disorders
- Ethics/General Principals/Biostatistics
- Mental Disorders
- Infectious and Parasitic Diseases
- Diseases of Blood-forming Organs and Blood
- Respiratory Diseases
- Diseases of the Nervous System and Special Senses
- Urinary, Renal, and Male Reproductive Systems
- Childbirth, and the Puerperium, Gynecologic, and Disorders of Pregnancy
- Disorders of the Skin and Subcutaneous Tissues
- Endocrine and Metabolic Disorders
- Diseases of the Musculoskeletal System and Connective Tissue
- Conditions Originating in the Perinatal Period
- Congenital Anomalies
- Injury and Poisoning
- Symptoms, Signs, and Ill-Defined Conditions